Silver Jubilee Show – September 11, 2021 at 2pm
It’s hard to plan for the future, but we are aiming to hold our annual Village Show in September as usual – but where and how is still to be decided! Entry from 2pm by donation.
We’re not printing the Schedule this year, but we’ve developed last years classes and made a new schedule for 2021 which you can download below as a PDF.
A reminder of the closing dates:
- For Classes 1-8, please get your entries in by 4 September at the latest.
- Gardens group 9 has happened. Results below.
The entry form is on pp 15-16.
Chairman, Andy Birrell
Village Sunflower Competition 2021
Open to all adults and children. Three prizes will be awarded on Saturday 11 September:
- Tallest Sunflower Overall (Adult or child)
- Tallest Sunflower (Children only)
- Luckiest Sunflower (Children only)
How to enter – any queries to Denise, the competition organiser
- Grow a sunflower using your own seeds.
- The week before, but by 10am on 11 Sep, submit a photo of your sunflower with your name, age (if under 14), phone number and sunflower height.
- All flowers must be alive on judging day 11 Sep and available for a quick ‘height check’.
- Luckiest Sunflower will be drawn at random from all childrens entries. (under 14 on Show day).
- Entrants must be eligible for the Holyport Show; see under the Gardens competition and the schedule.
Gardens Competition 2021
901 Your Garden – Winner – Toni Rae.
2nd – Brian Lovejoy. 3rd – Janet Perry. Commended – Buffle Schulte.
902 A Hanging Basket – Winner – Alison Guillaud
2nd – Janet Perry.
903 An Outdoor Container – Winner – Jane Westerman
2nd – Claire Meesters. 3rd – Carole Bennett.
Photos to come.